Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Emily's adventure...

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I wish I had a picture to go with this story, but I just have to share this with you!

Monday was a school day for Miss Emily, but Mommy was feeling horrible with the flu and couldn't muster up the energy to drive her there, so we stayed home.

Later in the afternoon, Emily said that she really wanted to go to school and see her friends. I explained that I didn't feel good and couldn't drive her there. So, she quietly got up and went to her room. She came out a few minutes later fully dressed, shoes on and backpack ready. She said, "That's OK, Mommy, I'll go without you!" I was so tired and ill that I just nodded and said "Ok, Emily, I'll miss you!" She says, "I'll miss you, too" as she goes through the door to the garage.

I'm thinking, no worries, she can't reach the button to open the garage door... just as I hear the garage door go UP! Ummm... adrenaline is a wonderful thing... I jump up and run to the garage to find Emily IN my car, IN the driver's seat... ready to go! She had pushed the button on the garage door remote!

I open the car door, trying not to fall over laughing and tell her she needs to come back inside and she says "But, Mommy, I can go to school without you! I'm a Good Driver!"

Oh, Emily... sometimes you're just too smart and too cute!

3 stamps of approval:

Carisa said...

OMG, they are amazing little creatures! Funny how little we thinking they actually know. Sorry you're still feeling ill! You guys have had the yuckies a long time -- it's time for them to go away for good! LOL Feel better soon.

Callie said...

OMG! I would die... Ryen would have actually started the car, I just know it!

Simply Jessabells said...

That is so funny and you told me this that day but it is still funny. Little Em. Too cute.

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea