Sunday, March 15, 2009

Truly Scrumptious Challenge #2

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Sunday, March 15, 2009

I love the sketches put up on the Truly Scrumptious blog! I just wish I was "feeling" this one a bit more! It didn't turn out quite like I wanted. I cut out the image with my new Labels Two Nesties, then I colored it.. but I didn't like the coloring, so I stamped it again, colored it and then cut it out again.. but I cut it out sideways! Argh! Then, I think I should have cut my 4 rectangles just a tad smaller and matted them on coordinating paper.. but.. well.. I didn't. So this is what I got! Part of the challenge this week was to make our own buttons. Make our own?? I wandered around my craft room staring at stuff, thinking what on earth am I going to use to make a button? I finally decided on just punching a circle out of my Cuttlebugged paper and punching a few holes in it. Hey, it's a button! Magic! If you haven't checked out Truly Scrumptious, you really should!For this project, I used Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Green Galore cardstock. DCWV Green Stack, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing folder and Labels Two Nesties. I used my Giddy Up House Mouse stamp and colored it with a combo of Copics and Stampin' Up! markers. I "popped" my image with Stampin' Up! dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 stamps of approval:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Well I still think it's adoreable, Dee!

Sharon said...

It's a great card Dee! I love the colours and its such a cute image. Thanks for joining the TS challenge.

Mina said...

fabulous card, I love the colours...thanks for joining in the challenge this week xxx

Callie said...

I love this card! Soooo cute and sunny and cheery! Everything a card should be!

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the cute image and papers. Thanks for joining us at TS this week. Hugs Michele x

Dawn said...

Awww this is adorable - I just LOVE them mouseys!!!

thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

This N That said...

Super cute! I can't wait to use these images! (I have momentarily misplaced them...oops!) Love what you did with this though!

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea