Sunday, March 15, 2009

Friday Sketchers #43 & Little Paper Shop

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Sunday, March 15, 2009
Update: My Sweet friend, Callie introduced me to another challenge blog by Little Paper Shop, and they are having a stitching challenge this week! So I entered this one there as well! This is a wonderful blog and shop with adorable stamps that I will be checking out regularly from now on! Thanks, Callie!

I love a good sketch to get my mojo flowing! Here's another fun sketch from another fun blog! Friday Sketchers, go check them out, if you haven't already!
Here's my card! I was trying to come up with a card for a swap to take to the Stampin' Up! regional seminar... but the idea that I wanted and the stamp set that I wanted use weren't working together, so I put this together instead. I had a bit of a stitching "incident" in the upper corner, so I covered it with another pretty flower! This card uses Stampin' Up! Riding Hood Red, Whisper White and Pirouette Pink cardstock and Candy Lane DSP. And Stampin' Up! Good Friend stamp set. I also added Prima Flowers, rhinestone brads and a small Martha Stewart pearl for the birdies eye.


4 stamps of approval:

Carly said...

Hi Dee, Lovely card! Love the red and pink flowers and the bird stamp is so cute.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is SOoooooh sweet! I love your stitching in black & what a brilliant trick to hide sewing & that sweet birdy: SO pretty! LO) Thanks ever so much for playin' along with the challenge!!! :O)

This N That said...

Love the flowers on this one! What a detailed card! I never do the insides up like that!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is a really cute card. You do such a nice job on the stitching

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea