Monday, May 3, 2010

Meljen's on Monday!

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Monday, May 03, 2010
Have you joined us at Meljen's Thursday Challenge yet this week??
The challenge is to create a Shaped Card! No Squares or rectangles allowed!  And your prize is 3 images of your choice from the Meljen's Shop!

I decided to play along and try another Easel card.  These are so fun and simple!  I just had to make it a shape!  So, I used my Scallop Octagon Nesties and came up with this card
which fits the 3-D challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar
and the color challenge (Red, Yellow & Green) at Paper Sundaes
the Inside Out challenge at KL Stampin' and Scrappin
Shaped card at C.R.A.F.T.
Which, I guess in looks a little square... but... wait for it... 
Now it's an octagon!  :o)  With a square base!  Hey, I tried!

What'd I Use?
Image: Meljen's Designs "Lots of Love Octopus"
Markers: Copics
Nesties: Octagons & Scallop Octagons
Heart Brads: from my stash
Patterned papers: from my scrap pile

I also had this little darling colored up from the same NEW Meljen's Sea Critters release, so I made this quick card -
which fits the sketch at Mojo this week
and the Friendship theme at Saturday Challenge:
What'd I Use?
Image: Meljen's Designs "Joyful Jellyfish"
Sentiment: {ippity} "Just Wanted To Say"
Markers: Copics
Nesties: Petite Ovals & Petite Scallop Ovals
All papers: from a swap or my scrap pile

Like that Sentiment??  You can only order it from an {ippity} chick - Like ME!  Visit my {ippity} shop HERE - and keep checking back - there's a new {ippity} release coming up very soon!  Here's the set that features this lovely sentiment - It's only $16 and if you mention this blog post, I'll ship it to you for free!

6 stamps of approval:

Eiglas said...

Great fun Hunni!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Risa said...

What a super cute easel card Dee! Your image is too cute and your color combo is fab!! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Trimgym said...

Great shaped card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Alica said...

wonderful! love how you paired up the OCTopus with OCTagon - LOL! wonderful coloring and cute papers too!

Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Toothy said...

that octopus card is awesome, love the shape of it. Love that paper on the jellyfish card too.

Kelly L said...

What a CUTE octopus and sentiment. I love the octagons!! :O) Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for out inside-out challenge! Hugs, Kelly

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea