Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Friday, March 19, 2010
My Daddy, My Hero, My Friend

Sorry that we can't be with you today - we miss you and are thinking of you!  We'll see you in just a few weeks!!

So, Dad challenged me (Yes, he gave me a card challenge!) to make a birthday card for him this year, that is better than the one I made him last year... hmmm.. you know, I've learned a lot in the past year and I've got my awesome Copics now... but I dunno, I still think that last years card was pretty darn awesome and it's going to be a hard one to beat!  Sooo.. let me know what you think - here's Dad's birthday card circa 2009:
And now onto this years card...
My Dad loves his truck and he loved the truck he had before that and he loved the truck he had before that... you get the idea, right?  I thought about making the truck gray, like Dad's Titan... but a blue truck just looked cooler on the card!

Hope this card makes you smile, Dad!!
What'd I Use?
Image: Bugaboo Stamps (digi)
Markers: Copics
Cardstock: Bazill Bling
Patterned Paper: Scrap Pile
Ribbon, brads, dew drops: From my stash

5 stamps of approval:

Georgia said...

Both cards are really cute. I'm a fan of both House Mouse and Bugaboo!

Callie said...

I love it!! Gus... perfect. I thought about that one too. It's on my list! :) You know what they say about great minds right... haha! Happy Birthday to both our dads!

Echo9er said...

Thanks, Daughter of Mine. It made me laugh. I can't wait to see the real thing... :)

Angie said...

So cute!! Love this card, and Bday wishes to your dad:)

Cheryl said...

Both cards are wonderful!

I love that Bubaboo image. Great masculine card.

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea