Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bee Happy!

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Thursday, March 11, 2010
There's an awesome new digi artist out there... have you met her?  Her name is Melissa, but she goes by meljen and her designs are just the cutest!  You may have seen the Thank You card that I made earlier this week, I thought that little girl looked a lot like my sweet Emily!  There's also a little boy puddle jumping that makes me think of my little Bradley!  And there's an awesome Frog Prince that's so fun to color!  And a fishing kitty cat, who even though I'm not a cat person, is so much fun!  And then there's this cute, cute little bumble bee!  Isn't he the sweetest!  If you haven't visited Melissa's blog or her digi shop, you must!  Go, go now and have fun!

This card wasn't made for any special challenge - though I will have a look around and see if I can find some that it will fit.  I just made it because I wanted to play with Melissa's images and I wanted to send her a card to put in the gallery on her blog!  Hehehe :)  I've also been wanting to try this "recessed window" technique for a while, and thought that this image would be good for it.

Here are some challenges I found for this cutie!

Here's a close up where you can kinda see the recessed window..
What'd I Use?
Image: Meljen's Designs (digi)
Markers: Copics & Sakura Glitter pens
Pattern Paper: from a cute shop in Portland, OR
Flowers and Ribbon: from my stash

2 stamps of approval:

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Oh Dee this is so cute! Thanks for entering in the contest at the blog. I will be sure to add these to the slideshow too! (hugs) Happy Friday!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Dee, what a bee-utiful card lol! Love the bright colour scheme and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea