Friday, May 17, 2019

Alcohol Inks - Loyal Friend

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Friday, May 17, 2019
Hello!

I've recently discovered alcohol inks and have been having a great time playing with them and perfecting my technique!

Here is a card that I made using Tim Holtz inks and Metallic Mixatives.  I really love the way the inks swirl together to make a one of a kind background.


I made a simple frame with stitched square dies to highlight my beautiful greyhound from the "Diamond in the Ruff" stamp set from Hero Arts.  I used the coordinating die set to cut her out.  She is mounted on another die cut piece of black craft foam to give her a good solid support on the frame.

The sentiment is part of the same stamp set set and I embossed it in silver metallic powder to match the silver metallic mixatives in the background.

I left the embellishments simple, because the background is really my highlight on this card.

I'm so happy with how this card turned out and I will probably display it in my craft room as inspiration for a while before I'm able to part with it!  Haha!

I hope you like it, too!  Thanks for stopping by today, I look forward to seeing you again!

Love,
Sprytebyrd

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Happy Hour (any hour spending time with my dogs is happy hour!)
Southern Girls Challenge: Sparkle Shimmer and Shine
Tuesday Throwdown:  Frame It
Cute Card Thursday: Stitching


0 stamps of approval:

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea